Thursday, March 22, 2012

Because I Can......


My sister Sam is on a religious mission in New Jersey for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I try to write her letters about twice a month as well as e-mail weekly. In her letters, I try to include little comics or drawings. I didn't have any good ideas for comics, so this kinda popped out. 


I haven't done this painting method in a while (acrylic washes) so it was fun to prove to myself I could still do it. I'll admit these little mushrooms aren't gallery worthy, but I enjoyed doing it just the same. 

So I love writing and getting mail. Would anyone want to be pen/illustration pals with me?

6 comments:

Mike Grace said...

Cool! Let's do more and put them up around the house! More more more!!! : )

Emily Davis said...

Didn't we already talk about doing that? :) I'd love to.

lynnette stott ward said...

i really connect to this drawing/wash - lv to see you share you talent

Beka said...

I LOVE mushrooms. This is one of my favorite mushroom illustrations yet.

Sam Adams said...

Hey! I recognize that! I'm kinda bummed you sent it to me cause now there's a crease in it and I can't frame it or anything. But it totally made my week so I guess it's alright. LOVE YOU!

Cassie said...

oh Sam! I could make ya a better one! On illustration board or something. Or heck, you could! Love ya twinsies!

About Me

My photo
I am an illustrator, bookbinder, painter, doodler, list-maker, and wife. I love food. I am what can be categorized as a dabbler. I love trying new things, but I always come back around to art and illustration. I just can't help it.