Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Recycle, Reuse


My darling husband cleans and reuses food jars for other purposes. He took a old jar of sun-dried tomatoes and cleaned it up for our Q-tips. The boxes they come in are awkward and ugly. 

My assignment was to create a cool label for the lid to cover the old food design. We can't decide which one we like better. Can you?


 I shamelessly stole these shapes and designs from milk labels I googled. Typography and graphic design is NOT my strong suit. I did learn what I liked though. Its a good exercise. I think I may try it again.

#inktober

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site! Which label did you go with in the end, my favorite, was the Clean your ears, Q tips - ear wax is gross. Apart from the gross it was really stylish.

http://junkyardofcreation.wordpress.com/

Cassie said...

I did end up with "Earwax is gross" I even painted the tips yellow green! Haha!

About Me

My photo
I am an illustrator, bookbinder, painter, doodler, list-maker, and wife. I love food. I am what can be categorized as a dabbler. I love trying new things, but I always come back around to art and illustration. I just can't help it.