Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Book Cornucopia!!


So I went a little Book-Crazy with my Book Arts Class. But... I LOVE IT! I actually have made about 20-25 books so far and I sold 10 of them. These are some that I'm keeping for me. I love the longer format. These books are 8 1/4 by 3 1/2. .....

Raised Cord Bound... has an old feeling to it, no? I like the way the leather feels and it is a very strong structure.



I love robots!!! So cute!
This is a Case-Bound Structure. Very Classic!



This took for-eve-r to punch the holes through the leather, but I'm pretty happy with the result. It reminds me of the Pony Express and Cowboys. Oh and its called the Long Stitch.

Post-Card Portfolios. Not books... but totally awesome. They fit my blank thank you cards perfectly. Hey! What is Black and White and Red all over? ........ wait for it...... A newspaper!!!... and a sunburned zebra.



This is one of my very favorite structures. The Coptic. It opens really flat and this one is inspired by a grocery bag. I love lists, so this size and theme is perfect!!

Critique Notes... Lots to do!

2 comments:

Amber Massey said...

Sweet Books!! Hey, if you make a book, with acid free paper and an asian theme on the cover I will SO buy it from you!!! :) I'm serious!

adam taylor said...

Those are some really cool books! I love the robot one! Robots are awesome!

About Me

My photo
I am an illustrator, bookbinder, painter, doodler, list-maker, and wife. I love food. I am what can be categorized as a dabbler. I love trying new things, but I always come back around to art and illustration. I just can't help it.